A-Z Challenge Theme Reveal

Posted: March 21, 2016 in A-Z Blog Challenge 2016, Random Awesomeness
Tags: , , , ,

A - Z Theme Reveal

Greetings, fiends and accomplices! We are creeping up slowly on the most awesome A-Z Blog Challenge. April 1st, the madness begins. One post per weekday, 26 in total, from A-Z!

We are quite giddy about this (we don’t get out much) and to assuage some of the giddiness, we are exposing ourselves…errr, our themes.

Ready, folks? My theme for April’s Challenge is…drumroll…

Drum-roll

!!! PHOBIAS !!!

One lovely little phobia for every letter of the alphabet. To make the posts easy-peasy to read, I will present my 26 posts in the form of Haiku. Quick to read, in and out, so you should have no qualms about clicking any one of the several Follow buttons off to the left of this post. Go and click, dear friends…I’ll wait.

do it now

Okay, so you are now following Mott’s Ruminations, yes?

As a Thank You (and to show how generous I am) I’m gonna drop a bonus Haiku on your eyeballs. This will not be part of the 26, but, well, it was just too darned yummy to ignore. So, here you go:

Anatidaephobia

(A pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a

duck)

Beady eyes staring,

she plots against me, stalking.

Quack, she whispers…quack.

Anatidaephobia - duck staring

See y’all in April. It’s gonna get freaky.

Comments
  1. jamesrovira says:

Okay, this wins the internet today πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. jamesrovira says:

Reblogged this on James Rovira and commented:
    Marty’s haiku about Anatidaephobia, which is a pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a duck, wins the internet today.

Liked by 1 person

3. jamesrovira says:

BTW, April is national poetry month, and it’s very common for people to post a poem a day over the month of April. You might want to consider doing that and notifying the appropriate sites.

Liked by 1 person

4. Haikus about phobias – well that’s unique πŸ™‚ Great idea. Have fun with your list of phobias and I hope the AtoZ goes really well for you.
    Tasha
    Tasha’s Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

Liked by 1 person

5. hilarymb says:

Hi Mott – good to meet you – your theme sounds like lots of fun … brilliant – the bonus is excellent … I have no wish to be watched by a duck … cheers Hilary

Liked by 1 person

6. slfinnell says:

We know a couple people around here who are hypochondriacs who I will not be showing these phobias to. lol But I’ll be back for sure πŸ™‚ following

Liked by 1 person

7. Mandie Wright says:

Excellent! I’m looking forward to April!

Liked by 1 person

8. Nilanjana Bose says:

Phobias and haikus, certainly a unique combination! Makes for a neat theme.

All the very best for a great A-z,
    Nilanjana.
    Ninja Minion, A-Z 2016
    Madly-in-Verse

Liked by 1 person

9. randommusings29 says:

Great theme. I love that there is a phobia of being watched by a duck, you couldn’t possibly not do something with that lol πŸ™‚
    Debbie

Liked by 1 person

10. lv2trnscrb says:

Now this sounds really cute! And keeping it short and simple like a haiku is really a very clever idea. I might have to check out some of your phobias; I seem to have a few of them myself πŸ™‚

betty

Liked by 1 person

• mott342 says:

Ha, yes–some of these phobias were a little too close to home. πŸ™‚

And I knew I had to keep it short or I would never stay with it. And I wanted to do something I’ve never done before. Haiku! πŸ™‚

11. Gail says:

Haha! this is hilarious! Can’t wait to see what you come up with for each letter! Awesome! Gail at Making Life An Art

Liked by 1 person

12. Gail says:

Mott! I think your blog is awesome so I’ve nominated you for a Liebster award! No pressure, but if you choose to accept and follow through, you’ll find all the details here: https://seezooeyrun.wordpress.com/2016/03/31/liebster-award/ good luck tomorrow on the A-Z. Gail at Making Life An Art

13. […] the month of April, one for every letter of the alphabet. If you find this of interest, hope over HERE and check it […]